Why General Liability?
Today’s society is increasingly litigious, and even small missteps can result in large lawsuits. Therefore, general liability insurance (and property and worker’s compensation insurance) is critical for companies big and small.
A general liability policy provides coverage for liability arising from bodily injury, personal injury or damage to property of others. These policies can cover business owners in the following areas of risk:
- Premises/operations pays for medical costs if someone is injured and needs medical treatment because of an accident that occurred at your business but also at project locations
- Independent contractors—Liability exposures that might arise from subcontractors or suppliers
- Contractual liability—Obligations arising out of indemnity agreements found in contracts
- Products and completed operations covers you against injuries or damages to others caused by the products you sell or work you perform for your customers
- Defense coverage—In addition to paying awards or settlements for covered liability claims, the liability policy covers the cost to investigate and defend such claims or suits. Supplementary payments are also included in this policy, which are designed to cover cost of bail bonds, court cost and pre-judgment interest cost.
- Personal & Advertising Injury offenses committed by you or your employees during the course of your business such as libel, slander, false arrest/detention, or discrimination (coverage is excluded for certain classes);
- Certain employment-related lawsuits brought against you by employees or job applicants including for wrongful termination and wrongful failure to hire.
So how do you decide how much coverage your business needs? It usually depends on a couple of factors:
- Type of Operations- Consider the amount of risk associated with your business.
- Your Company’s Location- Where you run your business is located or your work is performed.
- Company Size- The number of employees or contractors and your revenue.
Ask US! We Can Help! – Let one of our licensed professionals walk through a risk analysis with you to determine the appropriate coverage levels.Contact Us To Get A Quote!