Worker’s Compensation insurance is a necessity for business owners, especially for business owners whose employees work in hazardous environments. Safety is a major concern for these employers daily. In fact, employee slips, trips and falls cost businesses in the U.S. $11 billion annually.
What if we told you there was a way to create a safer environment for your employees AND save on your workers’ compensation insurance premiums?
Colorado’s Cost Containment Certification Program enables employers to create a safety program that protects the welfare of their employees while also providing employers with a discount on their worker’s compensation policies.
To become certified and qualify for the discount, the Colorado Cost Containment Certification Board requires employers to have a safety and cost containment program that contains the following:
- A formal declaration of a company wide safety policy
- A formal designation of a safety coordinator or safety committee
- Clearly defined safety rules and enforcement policy
- Documented new-hire and ongoing safety training
- Written designation of medical providers
- Written policies and procedures for claims management
If you have any questions or would like to complete the cost containment certification, please feel free to contact our office. One of our team members would be happy to help you succeed in completing the certification process.