In observance of Mental Health Awareness Month this May, RSS team members have come together to support the community by raising mental health awareness and sponsoring local organizations such as Jefferson Center for Mental Health. Last week our agency was honored to support Jefferson Center for Mental Health at their annual benefit: A Night in Tuscany at Baldoria on the Water. We proudly represent Jefferson Center as one of our valued clients, providing them with property and casualty insurance services and support, and we are immensely grateful for the support they offer those struggling in our community.
Jefferson Center offers a wide range of services and resources for those in need of a helping hand. From wellness classes and coaching to substance abuse counseling, Jefferson Center has a program for anyone that might be fighting an internal battle.Jefferson Center also offers FREE Mental Health First Aid classes to the community. The 8-hour Mental Health First Aid course teaches participants how to recognize a range of mental health problems and how to confidently help someone dealing with these issues.
There are many other ways to support Mental Health Awareness through the Jefferson Center. Check them out below:
- EAT CUPCAKES. Throughout May, Rheinlander Bakery in Arvada will be donating $1.00 to Jefferson Center for Mental Health for each cupcake sold.
- PARTICIPATE IN “PUTT YOUR STUFF.” Jefferson Center hosts an annual Mini-Golf fundraiser called “Putt your stuff.” More information about “Putt Your Stuff” is available on Jefferson Center’s website.
- STAY IN THE LOOP. Sign up for Jefferson Center’s emails and stay up to date on current news.
- DONATE. Jefferson Center is always accepting monetary donations. To donate click HERE.
- VOLUNTEER. Make a difference in the lives of others with a gift of your time and talent.
- START A FUNDRAISER. In place of gifts this year, start your own fundraiser and dedicate a celebration (birthday, holiday, anniversary, etc.) to Jefferson Center.
- HOST A PRESENTATION. Choose from frequent topics or let the Jefferson Center develop a presentation in your area of interest for you business, school, or church.
- JOIN THE POLICY ACTION NETWORK. Jefferson Center’s Policy Action Network builds relationships with elected officials and other decision makers to improve the lives of community members.
We hope that you will join us in supporting Mental Health Awareness month this May. “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” –Charles Dickens