COMMUNITY. As our agency transitioned into its third generation of family this year, we’ve continued to proudly carry on the legacy of the principles upon which we’ve built our agency, but we’ve added two more values we feel passionately about-community and generosity. We’d like to explain to you what that means to us.
When most people say they are local they mean they have an office in your community. While that is true of us, when we say we are local we mean we are part of your community. The staff at RSS cares about the community and the world around us. We support our local community and beyond in order to better the lives of others. We are involved with local and national charities and organizations that benefit those around us locally and globally. Our values motivate us to want to share what we have with others in an effort to improve lives and better the world.
As you get to know our staff at RSS, we hope you will not only experience how much we care about each of our customers individually, but you will feel how much we care about each other and the community around us. We’re proud of our legacy of experience and product knowledge, but we also want to be known for our relationships with our customers and our community with whom we come in contact. We believe strongly in the principles of community, generosity, kindness, and charity.
RSS implemented numerous opportunities for our agency to “give back”, volunteer and to donate to the community and world around us this year. Our belief system and new core value led us to create a referral program that supports four different charities throughout the year. RSS donates $10 for every referral we receive to our charity of the quarter.
Not only did we create this new referral program, but we also volunteered our time and resources to our designated charities throughout the year. Here’s a list of some of the fun opportunities we had to serve or raise awareness this year:
- Our office closed early and volunteered at the resource center at A Precious Child in Broomfield in January.
- RSS held a diaper drive to benefit A Precious Child’s Basics 4 Babies Program.
- We sponsored and attended A Precious Child’s Annual Gala to raise awareness in April.
- Seven of our RSS ladies helped rebuild a home in Jamestown with Flatirons Habitat for Humanity in May.
- Our agency raised almost $700 in our “Garage Sale for a Cause” to raise funds for Flatirons Habitat for Humanity in June.
- We raised $3,500 for A Precious Child through Safeco’s Make More Happen Program this summer.
- Our agency collected donations and packed 116 boxes for Operation Christmas Child last month.
- We closed our office early and volunteered at the Operation Christmas Child Distribution Center.
We have had so much fun this year! We believe in encouraging our staff to volunteer and give back. It not only helps others, but also brings us closer together as a team. Numerous members of our staff also volunteer individually within the community through church, local and global charities, mission trips, or by simply lending a hand to those in need through simple acts of kindness.
We hope you will join us in 2016! We will let you know about opportunities to partner with us and we’ll update you on what we’re up to locally throughout the year. We can’t wait to see what the future holds and look forward to future opportunities to continue to serve and help others with our RSS team!
“Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.” –John Wesley