Most people want to spend as little as possible on insurance coverage. We totally understand, we feel the same way. At RSS, we want to make sure you save more of your hard-earned dollars, but do so while properly protecting yourself, your family, and others.
To help you keep more of your cash in your own pocket, we put together a list of 5 easy ways to save big on your insurance premiums, while not sacrificing proper coverage. Take advantage of the following discounts and find out how much money you may be able to “take off the table” and save for yourself.
- GET REWARDED FOR SAFE DRIVING. Do you consider yourself to be a safe driver? If the answer is yes, you may want to consider enrolling in your insurance company’s safe driving program. Carriers will use an app or device to track your driving and reward you for following the rules of the road. Company’s like Safeco will give you an automatic discount on your premium just for enrolling in their RightTrack program AND an additional discount of up to 30 percent off your premium after the 90-day review period is completed. For more information on safe driving programs click HERE.
- BUNDLE. If you currently have your insurance policies spread out between two or more carriers, you may want to consider bundling all or some of those policies with just ONE carrier. On average, bundling homeowner and auto policies saves insureds in the U.S. 15.97 percent on their insurance costs. Not only is bundling an easy savings, but it also helps simplify your finances. It’s much easier to keep track of your information with one carrier versus several.
- ASK ABOUT SPECIALTY LINES COVERAGE. Own a classic car or RV? If their use is seasonal, you can typically reduce your coverage to liability only during the off-season, then add full coverage only when you are using the vehicle.
- GET MULTIPLE QUOTES. You might be surprised by how much premiums can vary between different carriers. When shopping for coverage it is crucial to get quotes from multiple insurance companies. Not sure where to start? RSS CAN HELP YOU. We work with over 60 different carriers and are determined to find the best carrier for YOU. We promise to pair you with a carrier that provides the best coverage at the best price.
- ADJUST YOUR DEDUCTIBLE. Are you paying too much for a low deductible? Depending on your lifestyle, environment or the type of policy, a super low deductible may be costing you more than it’s helping you. A $100 deductible is far too low for many. If you can handle a $1,000 loss, why set a deductible at $100 or $250? You’re just buying insurance you don’t need.
For any questions on the tips above, please feel free to contact our office . One of our team members would be happy to look at your insurance policies to ensure you are getting the best coverage and savings out there.